Friday, August 17, 2007

My New Medicines


Me and my virus (hep C) have got on pretty well ever since meeting on the pointy end of a bad decision in the 80's but when I did the math recently it turned out I can more or less double my life expectancy by giving it a spot of medication.

So now I give myself:
Weekly jabs to muzzle the virus,
Twice daily pills to boost my immune system,
Mild painkillers several times daily for body aches,
Sleeping pill at night for restlessness,
Anti depressants in the morning to prevent those pesky crying jags in the supermarket.

Unfortunately none of the above mentioned prevented me sending an email intended for a colleague about a client TO the client. Work is being good. I'm on leave.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You write in a humourous, good natured way and it makes me smile. Yet the undertones of this post make me aware that things arent that great for you at the moment.

I hope things sort themselves out for you, stay healthy, get rest and dont let the demons in your head override the positive sides to all things.

I am sure it will all get better and sort itself out soon.

Cheers
xxxxx
rosie

Anonymous said...

take it one day at a time. This too shall pass.

hugs

~m

The Real Bridget Jones said...

We all make bad decisions - some worse than others but having the courage and fortitude to go on, with humour and good grace is the mark of the man.

Keep taking the meds!
Bridget

Anonymous said...

Just checked your blog to check on YOU stagger.... hope you are feeling better.

We all look forward to your posts and pictures and we all genuinely care.

rosie

Anonymous said...

....sneaks in...just checkin`

The Real Bridget Jones said...

Hope you are enjoying your holiday!

look forward to seeing you back soon

Bridget
xxxx